Christian Camping is committed to encouraging a holistic approach to life. Camping
offers unquestionable benefits to the personal and social development of those
participating in its programmes. “Challenge by choice” is always encouraged as these
experiences build into the character of a child for life. New Zealand had its
organizational beginnings at a meeting in 1976 at Kiwi Ranch in Rotorua
Who are we?
- Our member camps are spread right throughout New Zealand; all have facilities, and in most cases, facilitators.
- Each site utilizes their local environment and natural resources.
- Each site has a wide range of clientele: schools, churches, special needs, sports,
community based groups, businesses etc.
- Each site is committed to a safe experience.
- Because of the National Network, camps are updated constantly with legislation
and Regulations covering safe practices through the National Office.
- Each site is connected to not only a National but also an International Network of
Camping and a great deal of idea interchange takes place.
- Christian Camping International began in California in November 1949.
- There are 18 Associations which cover 94 Countries of the World. J 1.5million
people attend camps per year (2004 statistics).